Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Seventh Heaven!!!

After a tough and disappointing match last week, Manchester United produced their best performance of the season , thrashing AS Roma 7-1 to go through 8-3 on aggregate. When they first scored in the 12th minute, Michael Carrick the scorer, I was like, YESSSS!!!, punching my fist to celebrate. 5 minutes later, another goal arrived (Alan Smith) and no more than 2 minutes (Wayne Rooney), I was blinking my eyes, no believing it is already 3-0!!! Then just before half time, another goal arrived, this time scored by Cristiano Ronaldo. First half score: 4-0.

The first goal

Just 4 minutes into the second half, United got a corner after Rooney's shot was saved by the opposite goalie, this lead to their 5th goal, they failed to clear the given corner and Ronaldo scored his second of the night after a pass from Ryan Giggs. On 60 minutes, 6-0, Michael Carrick too scored his second of the night, a superb shot from outside the box. Lastly in the 81st minute, United scored their 7th goal, this time from substitute, Patrice Evra. Sandwiched between these two goals is a mere consolation goal by Roma, De Rossi with the goal. I do the jig in the end of the match, it was FUN!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

Simply amazing!!!

Throughout, the match United were dominant and should have scored more. In the end, it was a superb result. It was sigh of relief considering they have not turned a first leg lost for five matches. So in the end I am glad I watched the best match this season. And funny enough, I would like to say to Roma, nankurunaisa!!!

No comments: