Thursday, April 5, 2007

The worst I have ever watched

Just minutes ago, I watched the worst football match played by Manchester United. Right from the start they have been pushed to the limit by their opponent of the day, AS Roma. Just after the whistle for the start was blown, they are attacked, giving away silly free-kicks on the edge of the box, and luckily for them none of it brought any danger. They offered little attack and ... ... I don't want to continue, in the 34th minute, one player, Paul Scholes, was sent off for a stupid challenge that resulted a second yellow card for him - RED CARD!!! And boy, was I pissed off ! Then when the 1st half is towards its end, they conceded a goal because of some slack defending, and that's the 1st half.

Paul Scholes: Sent off for a second yellow card

The second half was no different, they still played like nothing has happened, letting their opponents attack, attack, and attack. When their opponents have the ball, they never tried pressuring them to try to get the ball back. Luckily for United Roma didn't take their chances and because of their goalkeepers efforts. Then out of the blue, they scored the equaliser on the 60th minute and I breathed a sigh of relief. But then after 6 minutes they conceded another silly goal, what the defenders were doing I have no clue.

Maybe I am over reacting, but to me this is the worst match I have watched Manchester United played this season, maybe it was because they ran out of steam in the Premier League during the weekend, so I guess I can't blame them that badly. The positive thing though is that they have an away goal and I hope they can bounce back in the second leg.

WARNING: You will know what I'm talking about if only you watch football. XD !

No comments: